History of the OT Club
We believe the first gathering of former pupils was a dinner held in 1875, but the OT Club was not fully constituted until 1889, some twenty-six years after the founding of Tettenhall College.
The main objectives of the Club are to promote fellowship amongst Old Tettenhallians and to further the interests of the College. It has made a number of financial contributions to the College, such as assisting the purchase of Newbridge Playing Fields and the Horace Pearson Cricket Pavilion.
An elected committee oversees the general business of the Club and arranges both social and sporting events through the year. Each year a President and Vice President are selected and, along with the other Officers, they are elected at the Annual General Meeting in June. At the same time the Club holds its Reunion Weekend and is grateful to the College for welcoming OTs back to the School for this traditional gathering.
All School pupils in full time education are levied a Club subscription and automatically become life members on reaching their 16th birthday or leaving the College, whichever is the later event. We encourage our members to keep in touch through this website and the "Staying in Touch" page.
If you are interested in serving on the committee do please let us know. We welcome new ideas and input, particularly from younger OTs.