Our two boarding houses, School House and Thorneycroft House have relaxed, friendly atmospheres where boarders truly feel at ease. Both houses are located within the School's grounds, and our beautiful 33-acre site gives you a safe environment to explore, play games and relax. There is space for you to do schoolwork, and you are welcome to personalise your room with belongings from home.
Our approach to boarding here at Tettenhall College is extremely flexible, with weekly and flexi-boarding options available in addition to full time boarding. However long or short your stay with us is, we will ensure that you settle quickly and enjoy all that boarding life has to offer. We know that for some, this will be the first time you live away from family, so our boarding and house systems are designed to make you feel you at home and part of a close-knit community from the moment you arrive. Pupils are encouraged to support one another and you will soon feel appreciated and included in all aspects of school life.
All of our boarders are extremely happy here and are a valued part of our school community. The family atmosphere creates a fun place to be, where everyone can strive to do their best both academically and in other interests such as sport, music and the performing arts. We do our upmost to ensure that all pupils will leave our school as well-rounded, confident young adults ready to face the next challenge.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions, in the meantime we look forward to welcoming your child to the boarding house.
Matthew Jackson, Head of Boarding
Matthew Jackson, Head of Boarding and his wife Beth live in School House, our boys' boarding house, with their three children Euan, Molly and Archie who all attend the Prep School. Mr Jackson also teaches PE, Games and RS, and Mrs Jackson teaches in our Academic Support Department. Mr Jackson enjoys organising the boarders' social calendar, which includes a range of fun in-house events such as the murder mystery evening, sporting fixtures and not forgetting the international food festival where Mr Jackson, a keen chef, can update his extensive recipe collection!
School House facilities:
- Common room with pool table, table-top football and table tennis table
- Quiet study areas
- Kitchen and food preparation areas
- A variety of dorms including Single rooms with sinks, full en suite doubles and larger 4 bed dorms. All rooms have work stations, areas to personalise and lockable cupboards.
- Each boarding house has a common room and kitchen. Each kitchen is supplied with all the essentials and has snacks and fresh fruit every day. Both common rooms are comfortable and homely, with sofas, a TV and board games. The boys’ includes a pool table, table football and table tennis and the girls’ common room also has a piano. Both common rooms are used by both the boys and girls.
Gareth Howard and his wife Emma live in Thorneycroft House, our girls' boarding house, with their four cats. Mr Howard is Director of Music and is a form tutor whilst Mrs Howard is head of girls boarding.
- Single, double and four-bed study bedrooms
- Common room with TV, DVD and comfortable seating area
- Laundry facilities
- Kitchen and food preparation area
- Private garden